[453_tmc] Re: Component testing documentation

  • From: "Logen Watkins" <slapkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 453_tmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 04:04:42 -0400

Sorry for my very belated response.  Swati is handling this set of
documentation, but I think that it looks good, personally.  I'm still
working on my code.  I think that I have the concurrent threads for
receiving data from the networking group (using my simulated receiveData
function) working, with data queueing occurring correctly.  However linking
what I've created with the database is proving a little difficult to me.
 Chris, any help? I've been looking through the documentation that you sent
to me in a previous email, and see that establishing a connection uses

static char *opt_host_name = NULL; /* server host (default=localhost) */
static char *opt_user_name = NULL; /* username (default=login name) */
static char *opt_password = NULL; /* password (default=none) */
static unsigned int opt_port_num = 0; /* port number (use built-in value) */
static char *opt_socket_name = NULL; /* socket name (use built-in value) */
static char *opt_db_name = NULL; /* database name (default=none) */

static unsigned int opt_flags = 0; /* connection flags (none) */

static MYSQL *conn;

to be used in in the

mysql_real_connect (conn, opt_host_name, opt_user_name, opt_password,
opt_db_name, opt_port_num, opt_socket_name, opt_flags)

I've read through several tutorials online but I find myself still stumped,
and my compiler still screaming at me about

 unresolved external symbol _mysql_options@12 referenced in function _wmain

and such.

At our meeting tomorrow could we try to implement this?

-logen