[24hoursupport] Re: how to change the printing size on IE?

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:24:51 -0500

Hello Ewen,

I went to the site you mention and printed the main page using IE 6. It cut
off a few characters on the right side, printing in normal portrait
orientation and all my default settings including .75 inch margins in page
setup.

I then changed the margins in page setup to .25 all the way around, and the
site printed fine for me.

It may very well be your printer driver. One problem I encounter in my work
is certain printers cutting off things like page numbers on reports when
they are located in the lower right corner. This has been confirmed to be
buggy printer drivers. See if your printer has an updated driver available
for download from the manufacturer's web site and see if that helps. It's
generally a good idea to keep your drivers updated anyway, in my opinion.

My printer is an older HP LaserJet 5p that has just chugged along for about
6 or 7 years now, with the default drivers installed by Windows XP Pro
setup. Since I installed it just a few months ago, I haven't checked to see
if any updated drivers are available for my printer on the HP web site -- I
should do that. There were none when I first installed XP.

Beyond that, since I can't duplicate your problem I'm not sure how much
more help I can be for this, unfortunately.

HTH,

Ron

On 5/16/2002 at 5:08 PM Ewen Howe wrote:

>Thanks a lot, Ron amd Pam, for your kind resposne!
>
>Your suggestion works for some web page but not all. The one I am doing,
>www.vcdhelp.com, seems to be not possible. I set the page margine to the
>extreme but still not able to include the page completely. I have writen
>them and am waiting for response. Best regards!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at