[24hoursupport] 486 case

  • From: our kitty <sweetiepie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 13:11:38 -0500

I've got a beautiful 486 tall case that I've long since stripped out
everything worth using.  It has lots of front slots and internal HD
mounts, and is a really great case.  Could I get a Pentium 4 compatible
back plate with all the card slots and mount it in the back (or can I
use the 486 back plate), and mount a few cards, like a sound card,
modem, video, and so on, in a Pentium 4 mobo, can I line it up with the
slots so the x/y/z orientation is already lined up, and mark and drill
the case backing plate, so I could use the 486 case for a Pentium 4
mobo?  Or is it that things just don't fit somehow?  I don't have
Pentium 4 mobo yet, so I wouldn't have any way to check it out myself
yet.

Is a 486 power supply totally incompatible (might not be powerful enough
anyways) with a P4 mobo?  If a 486 power supply would work, could I use
two of them in tamdem somehow to double the power?

Raphael
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at