[1stPickSoftware] Re: ISO: Digital image presentation software

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:24:50 -0700

Hi Larry,
take a look at this offering from Google
Picasa
http://www.picasa.com/google/?promo=3Dhpp1intl

Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single software
product:

Auto-transfer photos from your digital camera.
Organize and find pictures in seconds.
Edit, print, and share photos with ease.
Create slideshows, order prints and more!
The download itself contains only the Picasa software.
Picasa will not uninstall other programs or add any non-Picasa programs or
files to your computer.

This software is Windows=AE compatible

Picasa works with the digital photo files on your PC to create a better,
more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or
move the location of pictures saved on your PC.

++ There is more on the web site.

<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 7/23/2004 at 9:17 AM Larry W. Virden wrote:

A friend contacted me recently asking what software was available to
allow him to take his digital photographs and create presentations.

Think: I just got back from my vacation and I want to select the best
ones to put into a digital album, perhaps add captions and
transitions, and then show to people.

Yes, he could spend $300+ on Powerpoint, then export the ppt files
into stand alone presentations that could be emailed, burned to disk,
whatever.

But are there other alternatives which are intended more for this
sort of thing?  Everytime I've used powerpoint for pictures, I end up
feeling that the particular solution doesn't fit very well.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D