[1stPickSoftware] ISO: Digital image presentation software

  • From: "Larry W. Virden" <lvirden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

A friend contacted me recently asking what software was available to
allow him to take his digital photographs and create presentations.

Think: I just got back from my vacation and I want to select the best
ones to put into a digital album, perhaps add captions and
transitions, and then show to people.

Yes, he could spend $300+ on Powerpoint, then export the ppt files
into stand alone presentations that could be emailed, burned to disk,
whatever.

But are there other alternatives which are intended more for this
sort of thing?  Everytime I've used powerpoint for pictures, I end up
feeling that the particular solution doesn't fit very well.

=====
--
Tcl - It's the real thing.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
http://cartoonorbit.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/CZone?owner=9263408