[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Downloaded Compuserve mail?

  • From: Dick Moores <rdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mikebike@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 02:42:42 -0800

Thanks, Mike. Looks like just the info she needs. Here's what I wrote to her (I should have given you and the list credit; I'll do that on the phone):

XXX,

I've received an answer to my request for help for you (I didn't use your
name) concerning where your old CS mail is. The help was this link:
http://www.compuserve.com/faq/cat3.htm
There are several Q&As that deal with email. I've copied and pasted 3 of them here:

Q. How do I re-read e-mail I've already checked?

A. To retrieve mail you've already read, click on the Read Mail icon on the
toolbar. (If your toolbar is compacted, the icon says Read.) Your mailbox
will appear. Click on the Old Mail tab and double click on the message you
wish to read.
As with e-mail you've sent, CompuServe keeps e-mail you've received and
read on file for a period of 3 days, and then it's deleted. You may have
your e-mail saved for up to 7 days. Just go to Keyword: MAIL PREFERENCES
and change the number where it states "Keep my old mail online X days after
I read it." Click OK to save.

Q. Can I save my messages so that I can read them offline?

A. To save mail as a file on your computer (accessible offline), choose
Save As from the File menu on your menu bar. You can also choose to
automatically save and file all your e-mail by using your Personal Filing
Cabinet. Go to Keyword: PREFERENCES and click on "Personal Filing Cabinet."
Here you can choose to save all mail you read and/or send. To access your
Personal Filing Cabinet, simply go to Keyword: FILING CABINET.

Q. How do I re-read mail I've already sent?

A. Click on the Read Mail icon on the toolbar. (If your toolbar is
compacted, the icon label says Read.) To read a piece of mail you've
already sent, click on the Sent Mail tab and double-click on the message
(or select the message and click the Read button at the bottom).

So it may be that the mail you want is not on your computer, and has been
deleted by CS many moons ago. It depends on how you've already asked CS to
handle your mail (see the second answer above). If there is any of your
mail on your hard drive, it should be in your "Personal Filing Cabinet".

Dick

At 20:27 12/25/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Dick,
>I found this Compuserve page;
>http://www.compuserve.com/faq/cat3.htm
>It has several FAQ's for Compuserve 2000 E-mail
>I hope this helps.
>
>Mike

~*~*~*~*~
Was this forwarded to you? Want to subscribe? Send an email to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.