[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Beep Error Codes n Startup

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:18:59 -0800

Hi Matt,
Have you tried booting with a Windows boot disk?

It should provide Windows generic drivers and allow you to boot to safe
mode.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 03/12/2002 at 6:20 AM Matt Cook wrote:

Thanks for the tips, but I can't download and use the diagnostic
software because the computer won't start, and I don't know how to--or
even if it is possible to--disable the on-board (AGP) video card because
I don't have the motherboard manual.  Plus the mobo doesn't have an AGP
slot at all, which leads me to believe that maybe it was not designed to
be able to disable the on-board video.

BTW, when the POST stops, the monitor does show the screen where it says
to "Hit the Delete Key to enter Setup" and all that; If it is the video
card, would the monitor still be able to display that?

Matt

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.