[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Beep Error Codes n Startup

  • From: Matt Cook <res00vjl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 06:20:17 -0800

Thanks for the tips, but I can't download and use the diagnostic
software because the computer won't start, and I don't know how to--or
even if it is possible to--disable the on-board (AGP) video card because
I don't have the motherboard manual.  Plus the mobo doesn't have an AGP
slot at all, which leads me to believe that maybe it was not designed to
be able to disable the on-board video.

BTW, when the POST stops, the monitor does show the screen where it says
to "Hit the Delete Key to enter Setup" and all that; If it is the video
card, would the monitor still be able to display that?

Matt

> Trying to figure out what to fix on my wife's PC.  I don't know what the
> motherboard is (can't find the manuals), but it is a "My Favorite PC,"
> one of those eMachine-type computers  that were free after all the
> rebates a couple of years ago.  It has a Celeron 433, IIRC, and the mobo
> has a built-in graphics card.
>
> Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:21:26 -0800
> From: Becky <bex2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [1stPickPCHelp] Re: Beep Error Codes n Startup
>
> here is a link to a tool that will help you with finding out your
> motherboard manufacturer:
> http://download.com.com/3000-2086-10151826.html?tag=lst-0-13
>
> From: "Steven McCarthy" <steven@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [1stPickPCHelp] Re: Beep Error Codes n Startup
> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:22:27 -0000
>
> Matt,
>
> This sounds like an Award BIOS beep code which means there's a problem with
> the video card. If you have another video card lying around try putting it
> in and disabling the on-board video.
>
> If you don't have an Award BIOS on this pc try
> http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index-i.htm to see if your BIOS is
> listed.
to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the