[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Beep Error Codes n Startup

  • From: "Steven McCarthy" <steven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:22:27 -0000

Matt,

This sounds like an Award BIOS beep code which means there's a problem with
the video card. If you have another video card lying around try putting it
in and disabling the on-board video.

If you don't have an Award BIOS on this pc try
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/index-i.htm to see if your BIOS is
listed.

Steve
A Helping Hand - One of The Collective
http://learn.at/ahh
Why does "closing up" a shop and "closing down" a shop mean the same thing?

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:McCarthy;Steven;;Mr.
FN:Steven McCarthy
NICKNAME:Macros42
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+353 (0) 1 646 1322
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+353 (0) 1 601 6850
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+353 (0) 85 7275711
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;68 Silkenvale=0D=0AMaynooth=0D=0ACo.
Kildare;;;;Ireland
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:68 Silkenvale=0D=0AMaynooth=0D=0ACo.
Kildare=0D=0AIreland
URL;HOME:http://learn.at/ahh
BDAY:19700530
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:steven@xxxxxxxxxx