[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: print to debug console

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:11:52 -0800

Hi Thijs,

I also think I hit a (minor) bug; when the code breaks on the `start`
function, the IDE does not switch/move to that file and line, and it also
doesn't display the little green marker. After hitting F5, and hitting a
breakpoint (set in the ide) it switches there and does display the marker.

Is this reproducible? Are there any messages in the Output window,
like "Couldn't activate file ... for debugging"? If not, can you
reduce it to a small example for me to reproduce? In my case the
debugging breaks on the first Lua command *after* the `start()` call.
One complicated case may be when you call `start()` from something
like `dofile` and the file you are calling is not loaded in the IDE,
in which case the debugging will still be stopped (with a message
displayed in the Output window), but there is no going to be a green
arrow and no file will be activated (unless you have
editor.autoactivate enabled).

Another: after hitting `start()` the 'step-over' function doesn't step, but
resumes.

I can't reproduce this either. Do you mean something like this:

require("mobdebug").start()
print(1)
require("mobdebug").start()
print(2)

In my case when I step over the second `start()` call it doesn't
resumes, but steps on `print(2)` as expected.

Paul.