[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: couple of questions

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:24:06 -0800

Hi Geoff,

> Aha yes that was the problem,  I had a line something like print
> (math.mod(8,3))

This is easy to correct by recompiling LuaJIT without Lua5.2
compatibility option, but I didn't consider it to be an issue.

> That no longer worked after you switched over.  Yes that could easily be
> corrected with the % operator but to be honest I wouldn't like recommending
> in future to our users a 5.2 compatible editor for a 5.1 only target.
> You know how easily things get confused, we will have folks putting gotos in
> the script that work fine on the PC but then don't work on the target. I just
> feel more comfortable keeping things in sync version wise.

That's an interesting point. It may be possible to "fix" with compile
time checks, but if you really want to use Lua 5.1 interpreter, I may
consider including it back. I don't see a way to make the DLLs
co-exist on Windows, so it would mean including yet another copy of
luasocket that is built against a Lua 5.1 dll.

This probably won't go into 0.40 as I would need to recompile wx
library and other binaries and I'm waiting for wxwidgets 3.0 to be
released (should be later this month), and all the binary changes need
to be carefully tested.

Paul.