[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Zerobrane keeps hanging

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:09:40 -0700

Hi Milind,

> Yes it is the 64 bit version of windows and yes it does happen during
> auto-complete.
> The colon does not show up instead it hangs up.

Just to clarify; does it "hang" (as in "the application has stopped
responding") or does it "crash" (as in "this program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down")?

There have been several issues fixed in auto-complete logic that were
causing "hangs"; I think all these issues have been fixed (at least
there are no known issues with the current master or v0.38).

It seems like there is something that causes ZBS to crash in Windows 7
64bit (usually with C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION exception); I haven't
seen this reported on any other system and have not been able to
reproduce. It does seem to be related to auto-complete as well, but
the difference is that the application doesn't "hang", but "crashes"
and is being closed by the system.

If you have the former issue (the "hang"), you may want to try with
0.38 or the current master. If it's the latter issue, then anything
that may assist in reproducing it will be of great help. Thank you.

Paul.