[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Zerobrane keeps hanging

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 23:47:43 -0700

Hi Milind,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Are you using 64bit version of
Windows 7? I have several reports of this happening, but only on that
version of Windows. This may be the same issue as reported here:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/issues/164.

I can make available a debug version of wx.dll, which may provide some
additional information about the stack trace; this can help with
troubleshooting of what may be going on here. Unfortunately, I've been
unable to reproduce this issue anywhere else; I'm seriously
considering offering a bounty to someone who can find the reason for
this happening and/or a fix for it.

It seems like it's happening during auto-complete, but I haven't seen
a reliable way to reproduce it yet and the stack traces for the crash
I've seen look strange (relevant discussion from wxlua-users maillist:
http://www.mail-archive.com/wxlua-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03307.html).
If you can provide any details on when it happens for you, it may help
with troubleshooting or reproducing the issue. Thank you!

Paul.