[ZeroBrane Studio] Feature request: Fibaro Lua support

  • From: Erwin van Beem <evanbeem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:34:05 +0100

Hi Peter,

A retry for this post after your kind reply.

I'm programming my Fibaro HC2 mostly in LUA.

Fibaro generated code is messy and overcomplicated, so I use LUA.

The Fibaro LUA editor is a bit difficult to use. It has limited code support

beyond type coloring and syntax checking on save.

Looking for a better IDE, I stumbled upon ZeroBrane and downloaded it to

give it a test drive: I love it for its simplicity and lightness!

Much easier to use and setup than VS or Eclipse. The Fibaro uses basic

scripting and has no use for the fancy stuff that they offer.

What I miss, however, is the possibility to add or use the basic fibaro

components, like

    fibaro:abort

    fibaro:calculateDistance

    fibaro:call

    fibaro:countScenes

    fibaro:debug

    fibaro:get

    fibaro:getGlobal

    fibaro:getGlobalValue

    fibaro:getGlobalModificationTime

    fibaro:getModificationTime

    fibaro:getName

    fibaro:getRoomID

    fibaro:getRoomName

    fibaro:getRoomNameByDeviceID

    fibaro:getSectionID

    fibaro:getSelfId *

   fibaro:getSourceTrigger

    fibaro:getSourceTriggerType

    fibaro:getType

    fibaro:getValue

    fibaro:isSceneEnabled

    fibaro:killScenes

   fibaro:log *

    fibaro:setGlobal

    fibaro:setSceneEnabled

    fibaro:sleep

    fibaro:startScene

(see http://www.fibarouk.co.uk/support/lua/library/) for specifics.

Use of these basic Fibaro commands results in debug errors that prevent me
from

checking the rest of the code.

I don't mind setting it up myself, but I'm missing the knowledge to do that

in ZeroBrane.

Happy to share the result, as well.

Can you help?

Regards,