[yunqa.de] Re: pcre version in DiRegex 4.6

  • From: Sheri <silvermoonwoman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 10:36:26 -0500

Delphi Inspiration wrote:
Oops, it slipped my attention to update the internal PCRE version number.
Thanks for letting me know!

Can't it query the PCRE library directly?

It is intentional. A single reminder only seems just too little irritation if
running a demo application forever. The commercial and source code editions
will obviously not show any evaluation warning, ever.

True if running your own code, but who would want to distribute (except maybe freeware) something that includes such a message at startup?

Maybe you could at least include legal prebuilt exe's of your own demo apps.

Also, you might want to mention Turbo Delphi Explorer in your documentation. It does not support installing 3rd party components; there is no "Install button". With difficulity I did finally succeed in including DiRegex in dclusr per info found here: http://beeography.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/just-wanna-let-you-know/ . But to build your demo apps, I still needed to alter the search path to your D10 subdir for each program in the demo project. I don't know if there is some alternative global setting somewhere, or if there is something I could have changed so the demo project would find what it needed in dclusr.

Regards,
Sheri