[yunqa.de] Re: pcre version in DiRegex 4.6

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:07:35 +0100

Sheri wrote:

>You may know me from pcre_dev.

Sure I do!

>DiRegex is used in an editor that I beta test. Out of curiosity I decided to
>try to check out the DiRegex evaluation version. To do so, I installed Turbo
>Delphi Explorer (D10).
>
>After overcoming the obstacles of knowing nothing about Delphi, I managed to
>build the demo apps in DiRegex46. I noticed something unexpected and thought
>you would want to know that the caption title in the Workbench is showing PCRE
>7.5 instead of PCRE 7.6.

Oops, it slipped my attention to update the internal PCRE version number.
Thanks for letting me know!

Please be assured that the code in DIRegEx 4.6 is indeed PCRE 7.6. I just
double-checked and all tests work as expected. Anyway, I will upload a minior
"version" fix shortly.

>I'm also seeing the warning about using the evaluation version appear every
>few minutes while the Workbench is running, but I thought that must be by
>design. It does seem that displaying it once when the app is started would be
>sufficient.

It is intentional. A single reminder only seems just too little irritation if
running a demo application forever. The commercial and source code editions
will obviously not show any evaluation warning, ever.