[yunqa.de] Re: ntdll.dll error

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:02:09 +0200

Andrzej na Clipper wrote:

>I've check it many times. I have trial and commercial versions in two paths.
>With simple program which you can find bellow error always come when I
>change library path to commercial version and go out whan I back to demo
>version. Compilation process and program are working properly. Problem
>starts when I try to close delphi.

I am not sure I understand correctly. DIUnicode does not require any Delphi IDE
installation. How come you receive an error when closing Delphi?

>With commercial version I have "Invalid
>floating point operation" error on beginning and then sometimes I get many
>error windows, sometimes only one, sometimes ntdll.dll error, but always
>only way to finish Delphi is kill it by task manager.

I wonder again. Without IDE installation, what makes you think that DIUnicode
should be responsible for errors when Delphi starts up? Also, DIUnicode does
not do floating point calculations so I really doubt that the issue you are
seeing is related to DIUnicode.

>Please let me know if you have any ideas.

I just checked to run your sample code with Delphi 4. I noticed that you do not
free the TDIUnicodeWriter instance. With this correction, the application runs
just fine and Delphi does not report any problem, neither at startup nor at
shutdown.

Ralf

--------------------------

Corrected code follows here: