[yunqa.de] SQLiteSpy: export/import feature request

  • From: 강예형 <philmasterplus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:24:13 +0900

First, I'd like to thank whoever developed SQLiteSpy for your awesome
work. I've been looking for a portable (something I can carry on a
USB) SQL database manager, and it's perfect for my needs.

I have a request, though: could you please implement an export
feature? Because right now I have to copy the SQL command to the
sqlite3.exe, provided from the developers of SQLite3, to export the
data to other software, such as Excel. Not only is this tedious work,
I am unable to use some SQLite-specific SQL functions such as LOG()
and TAN().

Another issue I have is a lack of import feature. Right now I need to
use SQLite3.exe to import large text files or CSV files because
manually INSERTing them into tables freezes up SQLiteSpy.

I guess SQLiteSpy is not intended to be a full-blown SQL server.
Still, being able to export and import plaintext or CSV files would
make it even more awesome than it is right now. Please look into this.

P. S. If implementing both functions take too long, could you at least
implement <export> first?