[yunqa.de] Re: SQLiteSpy: export/import feature request

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:54:11 +0200

At 14:24 30.06.2010, =?EUC-KR?B?sK2/ucf8?= wrote:

>First, I'd like to thank whoever developed SQLiteSpy for your awesome
>work. I've been looking for a portable (something I can carry on a
>USB) SQL database manager, and it's perfect for my needs.

Thanks!

>I have a request, though: could you please implement an export
>feature? Because right now I have to copy the SQL command to the
>sqlite3.exe, provided from the developers of SQLite3, to export the
>data to other software, such as Excel. Not only is this tedious work,
>I am unable to use some SQLite-specific SQL functions such as LOG()
>and TAN().

LOG and TAN are not SQLite specific, they are SQLiteSpy additions.

You can export copy / paste through the data grid. Select all rows you want to
export, copy using the menu or by pressing CTRL+C, switch to your target
application, and paste.

A dedicated data export functionality would certainly be convenient, but given
that copy-paste export is available I do not see this as high priority at the
moment.

>Another issue I have is a lack of import feature. Right now I need to
>use SQLite3.exe to import large text files or CSV files because
>manually INSERTing them into tables freezes up SQLiteSpy.

CSV import is not available with SQLiteSpy right now, but the SQLite command
line supports it.