[yunqa.de] LIKE operator is case sensitive for 8-bit iso8859

  • From: "Clyde" <clyde@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:53:15 +0800

DisQlite states in the help file:

"(A bug: SQLite only understands upper/lower case for 7-bit Latin characters"

If this is a known bug, but why has it not been fixed yet?

I understand we can write our own Like() function to override and fix this
behaviour.

However, in doing so Sqlite will not longer use indexes to optimize the query.

Is there any way to have LIKE in DiSqlite be case INSENSITIVE for  8-bit
iso8859 and yet still use indexes for optimized queries?

Thanks
Clyde