[yunqa.de] How to restore from backup or alter db in multi-user envionment?‏

  • From: H M <docshotmail2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 14:37:39 +0000

Thank you Ralf. I had an idea that might be the case. I'll look into the sesion
module.
There are quite a few topics on the net about restoring SQLite databases. Most
of them warn against not doing it when there are open connections but none seem
to explain how application A is supposed to know that application B has open
connections at the time. Each time I came up with an idea to check I seemed to
run into a race condition needing semophores.

Possibly for my issue I can get away with doing what I need in a transaction
anyway, without backing up. Its often just small changes like adding a field to
a table, making a new view or changing the sql of a view.

BTW
Sorry to be the cause of that reply in old nabble's sqlites forum. I'm sure it
was well intended. But for anyone else reading this, I use DISQLite3 and find
it extremely robust, fast and easily the best and most simple  to use SQLite
component - and being able to get fast support directly from the author is
fantastic.
Howard