[yunqa.de] Re: Syntax to dump db (schema and / or data) via DISQLite?

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:57:56 +0100

On 01.12.2012 16:30, H M wrote:

> I couldn't see any reference to a restore function in the api.
>
> Once its backed up to another database using
>                 sqlite3_backup_remaining(pBackup),
> and          sqlite3_backup_pagecount(pBackup));
>
> how to you restore it again safely when others might be using the database?

The SQLite3 online backup API allows to create a backup copy from a
database which is currently held open by other processes. It does not
allow to replace a database that is currently open. The database must
first be closed, only then may the backup database file be copied over
the original database file.

I am not sure if you are in fact looking for at database merge function?
This does not yet exist as part of the default SQLite API.

However, the SQLite repository contains contains a Sessions Module which
might be useful to you:

  http://www.sqlite.org/sessions/session.html

I have not yet looked at it in detail, but might be available to
integrate it into DISQLite3 on request.