[yunqa.de] Re: DiSQLite3, possible "Alter table" bug?

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:47:18 +0100

At 14:24 20.12.2009, Clyde England wrote:

>>Are you using the latest version?
>
>No, the version I am using is 1.7.9, which uses DiSQLite3 version 3.5.9 which
>is the same version of DiSqlite3 I compile in my projects
>
>I downloaded the latest SQLiteSpy 1.8.11 (which uses SQLite 3.6.21) and it
>worked as it should.
>
>So it looks like this is a bug in the older versions, though I am still not
>sure if the problem was SQLite or DiSqlite3

The problem was in SQLite. The "official" SQLite3 3.5.9 executable exhibits the
problem exactly as you described.

>or which version exactly is was fixed.

Not sure about this, either. Anyway, I have added a test case to ensure it
remains fixed.

>I guess I may have to take the plunge and update my version of DiSqlite3 to
>the latest -

DISQLite3 was published on 20 May 2008, more than 1 1/2 years ago. Since then,
many bugs have since been fixed, some of them involving potential database
corruption. You should seriously consider to upgrade.

>though it does have some changes (including new delete trigger behavior)  that
>concern me with backwards compatibility

Right now, recursive and delete triggers are switched off by default and must
be enabled explicitly by PRAGMA recursive_triggers=ON;. A later version,
however, will likely make recursive triggers the default. So you want to read
the change log carefully and/or maybe even prepare your applications in advance.

Still, I suggest you to read DISQLite3 Help -> SQLite Documentation -> Changes
in 1.6.0 (SQLite 3.6.0) which mentions a few issues you might encounter using
advanced functionality.