[yunqa.de] Re: DISqlite demos

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:53:52 +0200

Simon Beesley wrote:

>>I looked at Zeos yesterday and thought about a DISQLite3 driver for
>>Zeos. Would this be something worthwhile, given the quite restrictive Zeos
>>license.
>
>I don't think it would be worthwhile, partly because Zeos is not really
>supported any more (or not by the original authors) and although it's a
>very handy set of components I shouldn't think it will be developed
>further. As it is, the Zeos code for SQLite needs to be modified if you
>want to use SQLite API commands. For instance, there is no
>straightforward way in Zeos of getting hold of the handle for the
>current SQLite database.

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

>My other reason is that the replies in this thread have convinced I am
>making too much of a fuss.

Not at all. Many users stop using a library too easily instead of letting the
developers know about their problems. Mostly, we are able to help quickly.

I therefore appreciate your open words because they tought me about how you --
and probably others -- are using (or not using?) DISQLite3. I am positive that
this will eventually help me to improve the demos and fill missing gaps. Please
continue to share your problems and speak up with good intend!

>I should convert my application for DISQLite3 first and then come back here if
>I have any problems.

My offer still stands: If you have a specific problem, please send in your raw
code and I will be glad to generalize / extend it to work as a demo! I am sure
that others will appreciate, too!