[yunqa.de] Re: DISqlite demos

  • From: "Simon Beesley" <simonbeesley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:20:27 +0100

Hi,

I looked at Zeos yesterday and thought about a DISQLite3 driver for
Zeos. Would this be
something worthwhile, given the quite restrictive Zeos license.

I don't think it would be worthwhile, partly because Zeos is not really
supported any more (or not by the original authors) and although it's a
very handy set of components I shouldn't think it will be developed
further. As it is, the Zeos code for SQLite needs to be modified if you
want to use SQLite API commands. For instance, there is no
straightforward way in Zeos of getting hold of the handle for the
current SQLite database.

My other reason is that the replies in this thread have convinced I am
making too much of a fuss. I should convert my application for DISQLite3
first and then come back here if I have any problems.

Simon