[yshavurah] today's peace service - some additional comments

  • From: rland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:35:56 -0500

It's me again!
Just to clarify about today's peace service:
**The short service, which was assembled by Eric Friedland for this
occasion, is a simple set of readings, songs, prayers and meditations -
all focused on the theme of peace.
** Everyone is welcome to come to the service and the meal - whether
you have fasted today or not!! (And whether you bring food or not!)
**Also, please note that we do not have childcare arrangements for the
service (and the Senior Citizen Center does not lend itself well to
separate space for children). Since there will be periods of quiet
meditation during the service, parents: please use your best
judgement about whether your children will be able to remain still and
silent for the duration.
**We hope many of you will join us today as part of a broader circle of
folks doing something similar around the country today.
Randi