[yshavurah] shivah

  • From: rland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:31:51 -0500

Greetings to all.
Thank you for the outpouring of love and support for the Katz-Stein family.
Dan's
funeral and burial, on a gloriously beautiful fall day and under the loving
direction of
Rabbi David Burstein, were a real tribute to Dan, his family and the community.
For
the next five days (Monday-Friday), the family will be sitting shivah at Abi's
house
(320 Kingsfield Ct.). On each night (Monday-Thursday), a service will be held
at 7:00.
We need a minyan in order to say kaddish at those services and, with your help,
feel confident that we will have no problem getting ten Jewish adults to the
house
each night. It is a huge mitzvah to help the family through this period. If you
feel like
you would like to do something else as well, you may bring a dessert. Or, if
you
would like to cook a meal for the family (this week or anytime afterwards),
please
contact Toni (767-2324), who is coordinating this. Abi may be up for company
during
the daytime as well, but best to check with her on that.
Thank you all for your love and continuing support,
Randi