Re: [yoshimi-user] Reunion Foundation Work

  • From: Mark McCurry <mark.d.mccurry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:30:20 -0400

I'm also in favor of creating a single codebase through convergence of
the existing codebases.

No preference on how commits should get into the original repo have been noted.
In order to give a good neutral ground, a repo was placed on github,
where I should be able to present convergence changes.
In zyn, some issues with portability (to FreeBSD) were just addressed,
taking up some dev time.

Now that that issue is resolved (in theory), the github repo should
start to see some changes.
The largest one that should occur is the style.
Previously zyn used uncrustify to set the overall style.
I have an older copy of that style file, which after some updates
should allow for both code repos to have the same whitespace.

Another issue making lots of diffs in similar files is the integration
of globals into the Master(zyn) -> SynthEngine(yoshimi) classes.
I would prefer to keep these globals, as it seems silly to force the
dependence on such a large class when simple modules want to know
sample rate, buffer sizes or similar.

Once these changes are in the github mirror, then someone with commit
access to the main repo will need to push those commits to the main
repo.

link: https://github.com/fundamental/yoshimi
(This is the first I have used github, so if things are improperly
configured, please point it out)

--Mark