Re: [yoshimi-user] Restarting the Yosh/Zyn Merge

  • From: Mark McCurry <mark.d.mccurry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:20:03 -0500

I'm quite OK with Yoshimi's GUI too. I'd love to see this project
finished though: http://gitorious.org/zynaddsubfx/metellius-clone

http://metellius.mine.nu/zynexperimental.png

Well that GUI should be in a standalone tarball on my site or the sf
site (I mentioned it's location on the zyn list a while back).
At this point Harald has gotten occupied with work, the code to link
the GUI to the audio code has rotted away, and I am not very good at
working with Qt.
However the taste of proper midi control and undos has started some
work which will be reapplied to zyn once it is safe to say that things
will go more smoothly this next time.

The reason for this is that, say you've just created the perfect voice patch,
then temporarily disabled it while doing something else. You get distracted
and
save the parameter file then shut down.

In Zyn. It's Poof! world shattering voice gone. In yoshimi you just re-enable
the part.

Well, It would seem one special case of checking if each part was
non-default would be sufficient to catch most of those mistakes
without blowing up the size of the saves so much.

--Mark