Re: [yoshimi-user] Please help compile yoshimi

  • From: Hugh Lovette <hughlovette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cal <cal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:51:49 -0800

Curious. As well as fluid and libfltk1.1, do you have libfltk1.1-dev
installed? If not, that might explain.
yeah, I did have it installed. Seems like cmake didn't know where to
look for libs, but I say that not knowing what I'm talking about.
Wonder if it is an AV linux issue...

Hmm, does the yoshimi install actually put the banks in
/usr/share/yoshimi/banks
(or perhaps /usr/local/share/yoshimi/banks)?
It did install them in /usr/local/share/yoshimi/banks though I didn't
think to check and just pointed to the zynaddsubfx banks.

Cool. I'd stay away from 0.055-pre1 and 2 though :-).
I'll be patient :)

By the way, I think you've added more/better tool tips... that is
always appreciated! I didn't know zynaddsubfx was worth looking at for
a while when trying an older version w/out tooltips. Not good when the
interface is so smooshed together.

Any chance you can add keyboard control of gui elements, along the
lines of tabbing through the controls and using arrow keys to change
values - or typing in numbers where appropriate? While dreaming... how
about hotkeys to select the gui elements (i.e. "v" activates/selects
volume, arrow keys control setting). Likewise, how about using mouse
wheels to turn knobs/move slides?

Thank you!