Re: [yoshimi-user] Please help compile yoshimi

  • From: Hugh Lovette <hughlovette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:47:47 -0800

I just compiled yoshimi on AV Linux and am thrilled to say it works!
No surprise to you, of course, but a relief to me. However, I ran into
an issue while compiling that may have been a mistake on my part, or
may be of interest to you: when running

$ ccmake .
I found I had to manually enter the following
FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY /usr/lib/libfltk.so
FLTK_CONFIG_SCRIPT /usr/bin/fltk-config
FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY /usr/lib/libfltk_forms.so
FLTK_GL_LIBRARY /usr/lib/libfltk_gl.so
FLTK_IMAGES_LIBRARY /usr/lib/libfltk_images.so
FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR /usr/include
FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE /usr/bin/fluid

even though I'd already installed libfltk and fluid. I just copied the
paths from my initial post to this list (after checking that the paths
worked). Did I miss something? It works, but perhaps this points to
something I did wrong or something set up wrong in AV Linux?

Banks don't show on install, though when I pointed to zyn+-fx's banks
it used those no problem (guess it likes comssd banks again). If this
is intentional, consider that success means you'll get people
installing Yoshimi who don't have Zyn+-fx.

I like the changes to the interface, though I've not seen the latest.
No more clicks! Not that that is news to you:)

BTW, I'm switching per Cal and JEB's input - thanks! I figured I'd try
AV Linux on the way to Debian Testing since it is based on Testing and
I could try it with much less initial setup, though I'll switch to
Testing shortly for 64bit.

So far I'm quite happy - got yoshimi to compile and was able to
install and run gobs of stuff I'll now get rid of as a quick indicator
that the repositories are in MUCH better shape than studio 64. Much
lower latency w/out xruns than 64 Studio. As I'd read, AV Linux "just
works"... unlike 64 Studio, which either "doesn't just work" or "just
doesn't work" :(