Re: [yoshimi-user] New bank in git

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 20:31:48 +0100

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:28:39 -0400
Rob Couto <dbtx11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/2/13, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/28/2013 11:06 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
LS,

I've added a new bank in the git 1.0 branch. This bank is from a French
user that goes by the handle of M?sterious. He has quite some banks
available for Yoshimi and I was amazed by the quality and sheer amount
of usable sounds. So a few months ago I asked him if he could create a
Best Of bank with the sounds he liked most. Like a month ago he sent me
a mail that the Best Of bank was ready. It is now in git and should get
included in a forthcoming new release of Yoshimi.

Regards,

Jeremy

Hmmm, there's something wrong with the first instrument of this bank:
mxml: Bad control character 0x1f not allowed by XML standard!

So this is the 0001-percussive_lead patch from the My?terious bank.
Anyone any idea?

Argh, sorry I forgot to report this weeks ago. It was somehow gzipped
twice- if you rename the instrument to 0001-percussive_lead.xiz.gz and
run gunzip on it, that fixes it.

I'm liking this bank, too. If this is the "best of" then I'd like to
dig through the lot it was gathered from, is there a site somewhere?

Ha! Beat me to it :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk