[yoshimi-user] Controlling Yoshimi using stdout?

  • From: František Fuka <fuka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 03:44:14 +0100

Hello,

is it possible to control Yoshimi using some sort of named pipe or other
stdout mechanism?

In Zyn, this is possible by setting it to use OSS MIDI in and then setting
the OSS MIDI path e.g. to "/tmp/my_midi" - which is a named pipe to which I
pump data using my script.

Or, is there any other way to control Yoshimi using realtime data produced
by my BASH script (that's what I need to do)? In the worst case, is there a
mechanism to pipe my script output through some command that "converts it"
into MIDI which can then be received by Yoshimi?

--
*-- Frantisek Fuka*
(yes, that IS my real name)

-- My Google+ profile <https://plus.google.com/106378848135270560799/>