[yoshimi] Re: Controllers

  • From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:20:13 +0100

Hi,

On 07/11/17 21:14, Kristian Amlie wrote:

Will and I have been discussing privately about a possible feature,
let's hear what you think.

[...]
The reason we don't want to extend the existing .xiz format is to
maintain compatibility with with ZynAddSubFX.

Other thoughts? Ideas? Encouragement? Flames? Indifference? :-)

I personally mostly use state saving/loading vs. instruments so don't really have strong feelings.
But obviously this sounds like a good improvement and I agree that some of the controller do 'make the sound' of an instrument as much as the synth settings.
This might also have an interesting impact on customised instruments and possible sharing of them (btw does some sort of repository exist?)
Absolute +1 on maintaining backward compatibility as much as possible whenever these changes occur!

Lorenzo.
Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or: https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi
To post, email to yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx