[yoshimi] Re: Change in LV2 location

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 20:14:19 +0000

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 20:02:06 +0100
Nicola Pandini <nicola.pandini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Will,
just to report my compilation of 1.3.7.1 on my Debian Jessie.
I did the steps I've always followed with all previous versions:
- cd /src/
- (I edit CMakeList.txt to set default alsa MIDI and compilation flags
for core2)
- cmake .
- make
- sudo make install

The "sudo make install" command correctly install the LV2 plugin, but
all the data files are being installed in the root filesystem, ie: the
banks files are installed in /yoshimi/banks/ (I attach the "sudo make
install" output).

It seems that there's a problem with the cmake variable
CMAKE_INSTALL_DATAROOTDIR, because if I edit CMakeCache.txt, replacing
the line
CMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIR:PATH=
with
CMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIR:PATH=/usr/local

the data files are installed in the correct locations.

Cheers

Nicola

Thanks for letting me know. This is the same issue that Adam had. It seems that
the people at exherbo are using an environment variable that is not set by other
distros. It also seems that when I thought I'd completely cleared all Yoshimi
cmake details from my own system in order to test this I'd left some detail
behind. I seem to remember having this problem before and never could work out
exactly where cmake was hiding stuff :(

For the time being, I would suggest everyone move CMakeLists.txt somewhere else
and rename CMakeListsAlt.txt to CMakeLists.txt. You probably then need to
comment out lines 517 instead of 516.

Meanwhile I'll notify the exherbo people and see what they come up with.

I'll probably revert 'master' to this in the next commit as well.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk