Re: changing the drive on which xy is located

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:50:49 -0400

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey <pmgodfrey@xxxxxxxx> Sun, 29
May 2011 16:15:23 -0400

Patricia:

> If you use U2 (and you should), be sure and run XyUtils.exe to
> get these essential files installed where they belong. I forgot
> when I set up Xy on my Netbook, and neither TYP nor XY2PDF
> worked right: I could call the resultant file in GSview,
> convert and save it, but I wasn't getting the hands-off
> operation I was used to (and that I knew Robert had coded).

As you have Ghostscript installed, then you just need to make sure
that POSTGHST.PRN and KMD.EXE are present in Editor's directory, and
that POSTGHST.PRN is listed in the PP: stanza of SETTINGS.DFL (and
that it's the loaded printer file when you run TYP or XY2PDF). If
you should happen no longer to have KMD.EXE, you can simply do
CI /KMD.EXE/CMD.EXE/ on U2 and reload U2 with LOADHELP<Helpkey>. In
fact, you might just do that anyway. KMD.EXE was a workaround for
Win 9x; it's a dead letter now. (Cue the Windows 98 diehards.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx