64 or 32 bit Win 7

  • From: Michael Norman <michael.norman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 11:34:46 -0400

Anyone recently upgrading to a new WIN7 machine go with the 32-bit version instead of 64-bit to avoid the hassles with legacy software and old but still well-functioning hardware? When NB finally rolls out its 32-bit version, a major software issue will be solved (yes I know about XP mode and VPC/VMWARE). Mostly I'm wondering whether the efficacy (now or in the future) of 64-bit outweighs the hassles of jury-rigging current 16-bit software, which will run on 32-bit, and replacing some older periferals with new ones.

Michael Norman