Re: 64 or 32 bit Win 7

  • From: "Robert Holmgren" <holmgren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 06:50:16 -0400

** Reply to message from "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx> on
Wed, 12 May 2010 10:01:37 +0300

> VMware, which is not free software

Actually there are two free versions, which can both create VMs:
VMware Player3 and VMware Server.  And I'd evaluate them, too --
I'd endeavor to evaluate every possibility.  We've been very
successful using all-free adjuncts to perform extended XyWrite
tasks.  I agree that Acrobat Pro is a near-must; but Ghostscript
is very robust and, as an app ported from Unix, has total
command-line control -- an area where Adobe products are very
deficient, but which is perfectly suited to XyWrite, allowing
you to control every aspect of a hands-off XyWrite-Ghostscript
interface.

Let's face it:  Adobe makes a big tree of fantastic products,
but there's no escaping that they are fantastically expensive,
each and every one.  It hurts -- and what really hurts is that
in a couple of cases, you simply need it.  Life without
Photoshop would be no life at all.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxxxx