[wvic] Re: [wvic]

  • From: "Richard Soar" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("soar")
  • To: wvic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:20:05 +0000

BAE manufacture a lot of bullets (1m per day !) and artillery and tank shells….
https://www.baesystems.com/en-uk/product/small-arms-ammunition

Sent from my iPad

On 11 Jan 2023, at 16:00, Peter Curtis <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I meant "Who" instead of "We"
Not just the artillery shells but all other basic consumables that the UK will now be lacking.
One would think that sooner or later the Govt must place orders to re-stock.
Peter
On Wednesday, 11 January 2023, 15:55:03 GMT, Peter Curtis <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We manufacturers all the shells ??
On Wednesday, 11 January 2023, 15:50:23 GMT, Robin Phayre <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is an interesting article in yesterday’s Times from Max Hastings. Our Government has yet to replace or even place orders for the  the ammunition and equipment we have given to Ukraine. One day, we presumably must do so – otherwise we are “empty”. We are meant to hold 10 days’ worth of stock at intensive rates. We don’t even hold one in certain categories.

Oh dear – we shall all be speaking Russian (or possibly French) soon!

Robin