[wkars-members] Re: 2015 50MHz Trophy Contest Log

  • From: Alexander Korda <alexanderkorda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wkars-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wkars-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:29:00 +0000

Dear Keith,

Just back from my visit in Caversham. Congrats to a successful 50 MHz contest.
I have printed out the log and filed it in the G3WKS contest logs file. SRI
about me not able to operate
the station but had to attend to some family affairs. At least I managed to
help getting the mast up and set up the station on Saturday. So I left
satisfied that the fuse of success has been lit in a proper manner. HIHI. I was
with you all in my thoughts.

Regards,

Alex, G4FDC

To: wkars-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wkars-members] 2015 50MHz Trophy Contest Log
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:36:03 -0400

Dear club colleagues, attached is the log file from this weekends 50MHz
contest, which you might like to view.

The results are substantially up on last year, so we hope to get a better
placing in the final results when these are released in due course.

In summary we made;

195 contacts, a 53% increase on 2014

25 countries, up 20%

90 location squares, up 57%

23,016,100 points, up 361%

Currently our claimed score among stations in the Open category is placed in
fourth position, though this will no doubt be updated in the coming days.

The conditions were good over the weekend on 50MHz, though looking at dxmaps
now, it appears like 4m and 6m have both been wide open with sporadic E and
Tropo propagation.

Our station was well equipped with a linear running full legal power, and used
a voice keyer, courtesy of Richard who produced the code, saving on all the
usual CQ calls.

Thanks to everyone who took part with this contest entry for the Society,
whether in operating, working our station or in the setting up/ taking down,
and to Richard once again for the hospitality.

In spite of the rain on Saturday evening it was a great weekend, we remained
warm and dry, and had better weather today, packing up in the dry.

We are planning to run a 2m station for the VHF NFD on the 4th/5th of July - 2
weeks time, then the annual SSB FD on the 5th/6th of September, further details
to follow.

73 Keith