[Wittrs] Re: On the Varieties of Dualism

  • From: "BruceD" <blroadies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:15:29 -0000

A note: Life only allows me to drop in once a while. I try to catch up
but obviously I miss Posts. Sorry, if I screw up the continuity.

> according to the article at SEP, predicate dualism is the belief that
> there are two vocabularies (mental predicates and physical predicates)
> because neither set is reducible to the other.

> you get to choose your own theory to explain the fact that there are
two vocabularies.

My "theory" doesn't amount to much. Simply, there are a multitude of
language games, games which are overlapping. e.g., "the little man
syndrome, in which a physical attribute has mental connotations.

BTW: What is your theory?

bruce