[C] [Wittrs] Re: Nietzsche

  • From: "J D" <ubersicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:07:31 -0000

> What?  The guy is fair to
> Nietzsche too?

I certainly don't by into the hype of much so-called Analytic philosophy (By my
way of thinking, Analytic philosophy ceased with Quine to be the dominant mode
of philosophizing in the Anglo-American world, but that's a minority usage.
Not that Analytic philosophy proper didn't have its hype...) regarding certain
"Continental" thinkers.  I think Hegel's not as completely useless as he
appears, I think Husserl was positively brilliant (in his earlier works
especially), I'll even give Heidegger his due (though I loathe the man), and I
think Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, and Kierkegaard were all profound thinkers.

(Apparently, there's only individual with whom I am not fair.)

I've taken a note of the references for such time as I am reading Nietzsche
again.  (Being involved with a Nietzsche enthusiast, it may be sooner than I
expect.)  Was there some particular relevance or are those just papers you
enjoyed and wanted to bring to our attention?

JPDeMouy