[C] [Wittrs] Re: How to Regard On Certainty

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:34:12 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> .. I guess the preface does warn you: "It is all first-draft material, which
> he did not live to excerpt and polish."
>
> SW

Nevertheless, there's something remarkably powerful and insightful in that very
small volume. Perhaps in some ways we benefit from the lack of ex post facto
self-editing, second guessing and continued efforts to say it better in this
case. Sometimes, as my wife once quoted Allan Ginsberg with whom she studied
poetry, as saying: it's really "first thought, best thought."

SWM