[Wittrs] Re: On Ownership and Privacy and Nominalism

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:18:22 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jrstern" <jrstern@...> wrote:

> However, if what *is* going on in the brain is any kind of a
> deterministic process (and that includes stochastic processes with
> reasonably well-specified characteristics), then a language of some
> kind can be found to specify an equivalent function to a
> computational engine.

That seems a rather weak basis for asserting that there is a  Language
of Thought.

In a way, I suppose that's a minor point.  My greater disagreement  with
Fodor is that he sees LOT as innate, and equipped with innate  concepts.
And I see concepts as being constructed by the individual,  with such
concept construct a very important part of human cognition.

Regards,
Neil