[Wittrs] Notice Concerning "In Wittgenstein's Footsteps" 14-17 September

  • From: "Mikael M Karlsson" <mike@xxxxx>
  • To: <philosop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:22:00 +0000

                                              "In Wittgenstein's Footsteps"
                                                   University of Iceland
                                                 14-17 September 2012

Preparations for the international conference, "In Wittgenstein's Footsteps"
were seriously interrupted by an e-mail disaster which resulted in a number of
people who submitted abstracts or manuscripts to the conference to "drop out"
of the vetting process. Efforts have been made to contact all such people, but
if anyone reading this is in such a position and still has an interest in
participating in the conference, they should write immediately to Mikael M.
Karlsson <mike@xxxxx>

Do not respond to the list.

In any case, the conference will be held (rumor may have said otherwise), and
we have in hand an interesting program of papers from an extremely
international group of contributors. We expect to have at least thirty
excellent papers on the final program. We are awaiting finalization from a
number of contributors and the resolution of the situation of some others
before publishing the program.

A conference web site has been put up at:
https://notendur.hi.is/~gunhar/wittgenstein-2012/index.htm
This web site does not yet tell everyone what they may want to know, but it
will be supplemented and up-dated regularly. It already provides a program
outline and various practical information.

Mikael M. Karlsson
for the conference organizers
<mike@xxxxx>