[Wittrs] New poll for Wittrs

  • From: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 14 Aug 2009 04:34:00 -0000

Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the
Wittrs group:

Does Wittgenstein evidence an interest in the issue of consciousness in his
work and did he add anything useful to the way we thinkg about it?

  o Yes he paid quite a bit of attention to consciousness both explicitly and
implicitly and what he had to say changed the way we view it.
  o Yes, he was interested but doesn't add much to the current issues as viewed
in cognitive science.
  o He was much too ambiguouous and cryptic at times to get much out of his
thinking on this subject.
  o No, because his main effort was directed at getting us to stop thinking
about consciousness as a phenomenon and think, instead, about how we use the
word itself.
  o No, because his work clearly showed the pointlessness of trying to say
anything about something with no observable features.

web site listed above.

Thanks!