[Wittrs] Favourite Wittgenstein sayings

  • From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 01:54:38 +0700

His first and best. Nothing ever has (and I doubt ever will) strike me as more
profound, more poetic and more spiritual than:

'The world is all that is the case'.

It stands above and beyond the technical metaphysical sense in which it was
meant (and which he later repudiated) and often gives me much comfort. I equate
it to Descartes' cogito. Together, the two most perfect expressions of
philosophical truth, certitude and reassurance.