[Wittrs] Re: Attention Brendan!

  • From: brendan downs <downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:50:25 +1200

Wittrs, I am open to making new friends online, if any body is interested msg
me with an introduction:)

From: downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wittrs] Re: Attention Brendan!
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:28:06 +1200

Wittrs, I am a kiwi living in Brisbane Australia, i'm 36 years of age and
studied analytic philsophy at otago(nz) I studied 4 years (2003-2004) at otago
but only have the status of a first year student. I am currently studying
extramuarlly at Massey, palmerston nth(Nz). Wittgenstein is regarded as a
contintental philosopher at otago and they only have one paper in reference to
him, i'm not entirely sure if I would classify him as such and tend to think of
him as an analytic philosopher in philosophy of language. i'm not to familiar
as being an indepth scholar of W as of yet but I am inspired/learned in the
sense that I think all philosophy is conceptual analysis, anything else i
consider science or sociology. I'm not sure what post analytic or post
wittgenstein is other then a form of post modernisn and i would justify this in
saying it is an attempt to turn back the hands of time. What philosophy means
to me is "linguistic philosophy" and that conceptual analysis is the method and
logic is the tool.

Regards Brendan.

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:49:01 -0700
From: whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx
To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brendan:

It is customary in Wittrsville to have new participants introduce themselves.
Can you tell us a little about yourself? Where do you live? How old are you?
What are you studying? What is your impression of Wittgenstein, and do you
consider yourself Wittgenstein-curious, inspired or learned?  (Feel free to say
whatever else you might find relevant in this respect).

Regards and thanks.
    Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University
Redesigned Website: http://seanwilson.org
SSRN papers: http://ssrn.com/author=596860
Twitter: http://twitter.com/seanwilsonorg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/seanwilsonorg
New Discussion Group: http://seanwilson.org/wittgenstein.discussion.html

Explore the endless opportunities here! Looking to move up the career ladder?

Looking for a place to manage all your online stuff? Explore the new Windows
Live
http://download.live.com