[wit-cs-announce] next meeting

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wit-cs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 02:13:40 -0500

Hello all:
It looks like Mondays from 6:00 to 7:00 were the best times for most of you. If there are any of you who still wanted to participate, we will be and announcing events here.

The location of the next (and future meetings) is currently TBA, but I am requesting a bigger classroom so that we don't have anyone left standing outside the door. Here are my goals for the next meeting, If anyone has something they'd like to add, please let me know: 1. Vote in the constitution, or add any amendments. (I will be posting that within the next couple of days).
2. Vote on participation in ACM.
3. Announce intent to run. Positions open are President(?), vice president and secretary/treasurer.
4. Talk about our first possible event (probably to start next semester).
5. Find a topic or potential idea for a guest speaker.
6. Determine if we want to create a group and work on one or more projects and what those projects might be.

All input is welcome and greatly appreciated. Whether you have ideas now, or come up with something, feel free to bring them to the next meeting or get in touch! Thanks for sticking through the delays and I'll announce the meeting location as soon as possible!

Also, we want to grow and get as much involvement as possible. Whether you are new to computer science or have been programming forever, your participation would be awesome. If you know other people who would be interested, please let me know, or drag them along to the next meeting!
Thanks,

--
Take care,
Ty