[wisb] warblers and cranes in Bayfield County

  • From: Emily Stone <ontheloose7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

This is the first day that has really felt like spring up here!  There's still
lots of snow in the woods, but it was 75 degrees!  I biked around Namakagon and
Garden Lakes this afternoon -- all these are FOY for me:  YELLOW-RUMPED and
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLERS; a large flock of purple or house finches (I was so
excited about biking I forgot to bring my binocs); and pair of SANDHILL CRANES
on Harmon Road.  As usual, I have my CHICKADEES and RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES at
my feeders.  Now the storm is rolling through!

Emily Stone

Cable, Bayfield County

You must be the change you wish to see in the world! Mahatma Gandhi